- Excellent client interaction and presentation skills
- Strong background in web development, application design, marketing, and management
- Ability to manage multiple projects, aggressive timelines, and strict budgets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Visionary leadership, proactive approach, and positive attitude
I never say, “It can’t be done”. Instead, I strive to provide solutions to everyday development issues — big and small. I plan, develop, and implement projects while understanding how to deliver quality working-applications to the end-user.
JoeFino.net Creative Services
Bel Air, MD
1996 to Current
- Created a variety of websites, email marketing campaigns, and applications for clients such as xGravity, Catholic Relief Services, Responsys Marketing, BMW North America, Wells Fargo, Finish Line, Win Marketing, University of MD School of Theatre Dance and Performance Studies, and Notre Dame of MD, CarMax and others
- Provide SEO/SEM consulting
- Advise clients in the use of social media, mobile, and other technology
January 2012 thru August 2012
Led, managed and created opportunities to expand client possibilities, using cutting edge technology. Solved marketing challenges, created brand opportunities, and expanded the presence of our clients in digital arenas.
- Provide oversight and strategic leadership for all interactive efforts for all accounts—including process, development, content, CRM, social, SEM/SEO, etc.
- Manage development teams, freelancers, and in-house staff associated with interactive projects
- Analyze client requests and business requirements, and provide recommendations related to development
- Work hands on to produce client work
- Participate in new business estimates/pitches
- Advise the company on new technologies, products, best practices
Director of Digital Production
2008 to 2012
Led and managed the digital production team, consisting of in-house Developers, Designers, Production Artists and external freelance talent. Oversee all production of Interactive, Web, and Mobile development for the agency—while working hands on to produce client work.
- Establish and articulate a clear technical vision for development processes
- Identify, propose, and implement opportunities for process, technology, organizational improvement
- Remain current with new technologies, products, best practices
- Participate in new business estimates/pitches
- Serve as the face of the development team
- Provide hands-on leadership of all development efforts
- Manage team members as well as freelancers
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Gather requirements and document all processes
- Coordinate project schedules and traffic
- Work with all of the integrated teams at Crosby to produce high quality work for our clients
across all disciplines
Director of Interactive
2006 to 2008
Led and managed a high performance, award-winning team of Project Managers, Web Developers, Designers, Production Artists and 3D Animators. We developed and executed a variety of Interactive projects including unique client web designs, email marketing, viral campaigns, online and mobile advertising, application development, 3D animation, and motion graphics.
- Created estimates and proposals for projects
- Ensured delivery of high quality work on-time, and on-budget
- Maintained departmental budgets and forecasting
- Collaborated with sales, programming, email marketing, and SEO staff, to develop concepts and strategies
- Conceptualized, presented and executed high-quality and effective multimedia solutions and strategies, including audio, video, animation, and interactivity, to create and enhance clients’ web experience
- Explored opportunities to integrate new technologies into existing accounts and production processes
- Worked with account staff and business development to identify new business opportunities and participated in the execution of proposals and presentations
- Provided leadership within the agency and with clients in the strategic planning processes
- Worked closely with other members of the agency’s Sr. Staff to facilitate efficient workflow, effective creative development, and smart strategic planning processes
2003 to 2006
- Worked with Ad Directors and C-Level executives to develop all of Erickson’s online marketing
- Organized and led SEO efforts to bring Erickson to the top of Google’s organic search results
- Responsible for maintaining and overseeing the deployment of public websites
- Author of a monthly column called “Ask Joe.” At the time it was among the Erickson Tribune’s most popular columns, offering monthly advice answering computer and technology-related questions.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, and Dreamweaver
- Expert knowledge of MS Active Server Pages (ASP using VB Script), IIS and SQL
- Expert knowledge of LAMP System (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Expert knowledge of web design techniques, technologies, and related products
- Adobe Certified Photoshop Expert
- CIW Certified Site Designer
Working knowledge of: Microsoft Share Point Portal Server, Java, XML, UML, and general experience and knowledge of .NET.
Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, and After Effects.
Windows, IIS, MS-DOS, Apache, Mac OSX, iOS, and UNIX.
Proficient with most popular business applications including Basecamp, Microsoft Office Suite, Apple iWork, Lotus Notes, Quicken, etc.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
- Human Factors International: The Science and Art of Effective Web and Application Design
- EEI Training: Flash Designer Certification
- University of Maryland Baltimore County: CIW Professional Site Designer
- Sun Training Center: Java Programming
- Ville Julie College Certification: Active Server Pages with VBScript
- Harford Community College: Web Developer Certification
- University of Baltimore: Corporate Communications
- Essex Community College: Liberal Arts with concentration in Mass Communications and Photography
RELATED ACTIVITIES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Speaker at TEDxChester River June, 2012
- Gold and Silver Addy Award Winner
- Webby Honoree
- PRSA Award Winner
- Judge, WebAwards competition 2007 thru 2012
- Mature Media Award Winner
- Web Smarty Award
- We Love WordPress Design Showcase