Here’s a Summary of my Professional Life
at Red Dog
2016 – Present, Baltimore, MD
At the Red Dog Agency I guide all projects and I’m responsible for the overall quality of work produced by the agency. I develop new client presentations, direct layout, design, and copy writing; determine and monitor production schedules; and, provide work direction to staff.
I work closely with clients to help develop solid strategies, and build authentic, meaningful, purpose-driven advertising. I am a technologist, web guy, and full-on digital communications expert. When I’m not completely consumed in developing client campaigns, I am networking and meeting new clients.
at Loyola University of MD
Spring 2019, Baltimore, MD
In my role teaching the course CM312 Web 1, I taught students conceptual understandings, design principles, Web usability, and SEO associated with website design and development. Students spent much of their time learning HTML & CSS before moving on to complete their final project which was a personal portfolio website built using WordPress.
President, Chief Digital Officer
at Forge Integrated (previously Ingenium I/O)
2013 – 2016, Baltimore, MD
I built and grew this business from scratch. Taking it from no customers to a profitable company in the first year. Forge Integrated was a mix of various talents. We worked with clients to bring together branding, design, and digital communications to help them achieve their goals. As President and Managing Director I was primarily responsible for running the business.
at JoeFino.net Creative Services
2012 – 2013, Bel Air, MD
2012, Washington, D.C.
As a Brand Technologist I created opportunities to expand client possibilities, using cutting edge technology—solving marketing challenges, branding, and expanding the presence of clients in digital arenas.
- Provided oversight and strategic leadership for all interactive efforts for all accounts—including processes, development, content, CRM, Social Media, SEM/SEO, etc.
- Managed development teams, freelancers, and in-house staff associated with interactive projects
- Analyzed client requests and business requirements, and provided recommendations related to development
- Worked hands-on to produce client work
- Participated in new business estimates and pitches
- Advised the company on new technologies, products, and best practices
Director of Marketing Technology
at Crosby Marketing
2008 – 2012, Annapolis, MD
I led and managed all aspects of digital production. The team consisted of in-house Developers, Designers, Production Artists and external freelance talent. I was responsible for all production of Interactive, Web, and Mobile development for the agency—while working hands on to produce client work. While at Crosby Marketing I was responsible for integrating digital into every aspect of the agency, including training and mentoring staff to help raise their Digital IQ to facilitate better communication with clients when discussing digital strategies.
- Established and articulated a clear technical vision for the agency’s development processes
- Identified and implemented opportunities for process, technology, and organizational improvement
- Remained current with new technologies, products, best practices—attending conferences and training
- Participated in new business estimates and pitches
- Served as the face of the development team—directly working with clients
- Provided hands-on leadership for all development efforts
- Managed team members as well as freelancers
- Mentored junior members of the team
- Gathered requirements and documented all processes
- Coordinated project schedules and traffic for digital production
- Worked with all of the integrated teams at Crosby to produce high quality work for clients across all disciplines
Director of Interactive
at Planit Advertising
2006 – 2008, Baltimore, MD
Led and managed a high performance, award-winning team of Project Managers, Web Developers, Designers, Production Artists, and 3D Animators. My team developed and executed a variety of Interactive projects including unique client web designs, email marketing, viral campaigns, online and mobile advertising, application development, 3D animation, and motion graphics.
- Created estimates and proposals for projects
- Ensured delivery of high quality work on-time, and on-budget
- Maintained departmental budgets and forecasting
- Collaborated with sales, programming, email marketing, and SEO staff, to develop concepts and strategies
- Conceptualized, presented and executed high-quality and effective multimedia solutions and strategies, including audio, video, animation, and interactivity, to create and enhance clients’ web experience
- Explored opportunities to integrate new technologies into existing accounts and production processes
- Worked with account staff and business development to identify new business opportunities and participated in the execution of proposals and presentations
- Provided leadership within the agency and with clients in the strategic planning processes
- Worked closely with other members of the agency’s Sr. Staff to facilitate efficient workflow, effective creative development, and smart strategic planning processes
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects
The Associated Press
Black & Decker
BMW North America
Social Security Administration
St. Joseph’s Hospital
The Center • A Place of HOPE
Pain & Spine Specialists
Shakthi Health & Wellness
OMNI Eye Specialists
Wall Street Institute
The Downtown Partnership of Baltimore
The Walter’s Art Museum
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
HFI: The Science and Art of Effective Web and Application Design
EEI Training: Flash Designer Certification
UMBC: CIW Professional Site Designer
Sun Training Center: Java Programming
Active Server Pages with VBScript
Harford Community College:
Web Developer Certification
University of Baltimore:
Essex Community College:
AA Liberal Arts
ACTIVITIES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Judge, WebAwards Competition 2007 thru 2017
Guest Writer at RynseMagazine
Speaker at TEDxChester River
Technical Editor, FileMaker Pro 13, Absolute Beginners Guide
Gold and Silver Addy Award Winner
PRSA Award Winner
We Love WordPress Design Showcase
Mature Media Award Winner
Web Smarty Award
Let’s Start Something new. Say Hello!
Use this contact form to send me an email and let’s get the conversation started today.